LOOK HOW WE’VE GROWN:
THEN: Sixty years ago, the College of South Jersey and South Jersey Law School were housed in six buildings.
NOW: Today the Campus consists of some 42 facilities, including Campbell’s Field, home of the Rutgers–Camden baseball team.
THEN: The College of South Jersey was offering 14 different courses to the 251 students enrolled in the two-year program when the merger took place.
NOW: Rutgers–Camden currently offers more than 1,530 courses to more than 6,100 students enrolled in undergraduate and graduate programs, including doctoral degrees.
THEN: 27 faculty and staff members represented the campus.
NOW: Today, approximately 260 full-time faculty teach at Rutgers–Camden, with 1,098 employees working for the Camden Campus.
THEN: When the campus library first opened in 1957, 5,145 volumes of books were available to students.
NOW: Rutgers–Camden students have access to more than 200,000 books in the Paul Robeson Library and to more than 2 million books and 4.5 volumes through all Rutgers libraries, not including law libraries.
With all Rutgers–Camden has accomplished, one might think it’s the Rutgers campus that was founded in 1766.
This strong Rutgers academic tradition however has propelled the Camden Campus in providing an impeccable education, delivering top-tier research, and helping improve lives and locations in need for the past six decades.